Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business
The Impact Of Covid-19 On Islamic Banking In Indonesia During The Pandemic Era
The impact of COVID-19 on Islamic banking can be analysed into three possible risks, such as financing risks, impairment of assets, and tightening the profit-sharing system. Compared to conventional banks, Islamic banking is more flexible in meeting the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Basically, the national banking system had predicted trouble due to the COVID-19 epidemic. On the other hand, Islamic banks are at an advantage with the theory of profit-sharing, thus increasing its effectiveness in dealing with crises. Islamic banks’ dominance throughout these challenging times is undoubtedly an excellent opportunity to strengthen their market share. Besides, Islamic banks can face risks, such as providing loans, deteriorating asset quality, and tightening profit sharing. Therefore, Islamic banks must understand these risks to ensure their plans during the COVID-19 pandemic. Admittedly, performing restricted expansion into the digital share is a challenging decision that should be practised by Islamic banks. In view of the recent pandemic, this study aimed to analyse the three risks faced by Islamic banking in Indonesia.
COVID-19; Islamic banking; financing; assets; profit-sharing
Hasan, Z. (2020). The Impact Of Covid-19 On Islamic Banking In Indonesia During The Pandemic Era. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business, 8(2), 19-32. https://doi.org/10.17687/JEB.0802.03
- Basri, M. C. (2020, May 07). FEB UI. Retrieved August 3, 2020, from FEB UI: http://www.feb.ui.ac.id
- BIS.ORG. (2020). Bank of International Settlements, Reflections on Regulatory Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. New York: BIS.ORG.
- BIS.ORG. (2020). Basel Committe on Banking Supervision. Measures to Reflect the Impact of COVID-19. Basel: BIS.ORG.
- BNI Shariah. (2020, Septemmber 3). Laporan Keuangan BNI Shariah. Retrieved April 3, 2020, from Laporan Keuangan: http://www/bnishariah.co.id
- BRI Shariah. (2020, August 17). Laporan Keuangan BRI Shariah. Retrieved April 4, 2020, from Laporan Keungan: http://www.brishariah.co.id
- BSM. (2020, July 3). Laporan Keuangan BSM . Retrieved April 4, 2020, from Laporan Keuangan: http://www.mandirisyariah.co.id
- Chattha, J. A. (2020). Key Evolving and Emerging Regulatory and Supervisory Issues in Islamic Finance : A Global Perspective. London: Other.
- Chattha, J. A. (2020). The COVID-19 Pandemic : What Does it Mean for Islamic Finance ? London: Other.
- Chattha, J. A., Alhabshi, A. M., & Meera, A. M. (2020). Risk Management with a Duration Gap Approcah : Emperical Evidence From a Cross-Country Study of Dual Banking Systems. London: JIABR.
- Data, K. (2019, April 2). Pertumbuhan Industri Keuangan Shariah. Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia.
- J, A. C., & W, M. H. (2014). Stengthening the Financial Safey Net : The Rol of Shariah Compliant Lender of Last Resort (SLOLR) Facilities as an Emerginf Financing Mechanisem. New York: Other.
- Keuangan, O. J. (2020, July 3). OJK. Retrieved April 23, 2020, from OJK: http://www/ojk.go.id
- Mega Syariah. (2020, May 6). Laporan Keuangan Mega Syariah. Retrieved April 5, 2020, from Laporan Keuangan: http://www.megasyariah.co.id
- Sari, M. D., Bahari, z., & Hamar, Z. (2013). Perkembangan Perbankan Syariah di Indonesia : Suatu Tinjauan . Jurnal Aplikasi Bisnis, 120-138.
- Setiawan, C., & Putri. (2013). Non-performing Financing and Bank Efficiency of Islamic Banks in Indonesia. Journal of Islamic Finance and Business Research, 58-76.
- Shariah, B. (2020, September 1). Laporan Keuangan BCA Shariah. Retrieved July 23, 2020, from Laporan Keuangan: https:www.bcashariah.co.id
- Shidiqi, K. A., & Rahcmawati, A. (2018). Determinants of Shariah Banks' Efficiency in Indonesia : Panel Data Analysis. Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan : Kajian Masalah Ekonomi dan Pembangunan, 186-195.
- Sudarsono, J., & Saputri. (2018). The Effect of Financial Performance Toward Profit Sharing Rate on Mudharabah Deposit of Shariah Banking in Indonesia. Muqtasid : Jurnal Ekonomi dan Perbankan Syariah, 82-92.
- Suhardjanto, D., Dewi, Rahmawati, & Firazonia. (2012). Peran Corporate Governance Dalam Praktik Risk Disclosure Pada Perbankan Indonesia. Jurnal Akuntansi dan Auditing, 16-30.
- Syukron. (2013). Dinamika Perkembangan Perbankan Shariah di Indonesia. Journal of Economics and Islamic Law, 28-53.